CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Silliness

Did You Know...

* Parker Brothers prints more money each year for its Monopoly games than the U.S. Government issues in real currency.

* Apples are part of the rose family.

* Pound for pound, hamburgers cost more than new cars.

* Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world?

* Ants don't sleep.

* Most toilets flush in E flat.

* Your foot and forearm, (from your wrist to the inside of your elbow) , are the same length.
[YES, I tried it AND it is true!]

* It is anatomically impossible for humans to lick their own elbow. [NO, I didn't try it - well, yes I did AND you can't!]

* Drivers kill more deer than hunters.

* The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.

* It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

* There are more collect calls on Father's Day than any other day of the year.

* The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

* Pearls melt in vinegar.

ENJOY THE REST OF THE WEEKEND !!

9 comments:

Joy T. said...

Those drivers who kill more deer? I think they all live out where I do because we have had an unusual amount of deer being hit on the roads out here. These were fun and interesting. Especially the elbow one. Which I am not going to try. Honest.

Beccy said...

Laughing at the thought of you trying to lick you elbow...ok I admit I did think about trying!

Mommyca said...

I believe the deer thing, we see it all the time around here!


oh, and, ummmm, I tagged you!

Nekked Lizard Lady said...

I will have to pass these along to NLM. He has notebook, journal, and scratchpads full of this kind of stuff. I think he's even started a database of all his knowledgeable trivia. I can't lick my elbow either.

Beckie said...

You get points! That was really interesting stuff.

swampy said...

My dog can lick my elbow. Does that count?

Rachel said...

Lol, these were great!

SJ said...

Toilets flush in E flat? I had no clue. And for the record, I too tried to lick my elbow.

It was a no-go.

KiKi said...

LMAO! (My first time here, I came via That Chick Over There.)