CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 18, 2007

Fun Monday # 3 - Hanging




Here it is - Monday again and the assignment is compliments of Return of the White Robin. She has requested that we show everyone something that hangs on our wall that is fun, interesting, endearing, sentimental, or otherwise enticing.

This is my "family wall" at the landing between the two sets of stairs leading to my upper level. The white things (towards the bottom) to the left and right are plaster casts of both of my son's handprint (done in Kindergarten - they both had the same teacher). Going upwards on either side are pictures of them receiving their diplomas and then a wedding picture. At the top is a picture of ME! (don't look real hard - I don't like it). At the bottom is a picture of my parents, myself and my siblings taken last year at their 50th Anniversary party. The shelf in the middle holds pictures of my grandchildren (minus the last one because I haven't updated it yet). The pictures on either side of the mirror are family pictures taken a while back (minus the 2 granddaughters - need to update those too!). On the hooks, hang graduation tassel keychains.



The following are pieces of art done by a former "significant other" (we ARE still friends - he moved back to NH). He and his current "significant other" (she is a starving artist also) have some of their work displayed at an informal gallery in Massachusetts. Just think, if he ever becomes famous - I own some of his early work !!












Don't forget to visit MJD and check out all the rest !!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the snow paintings. The family wall is a good idea.

SJINCO said...

I still have the chameleon that he drew at the bowling alley ages ago on a napkin, do you remember that?

And my goodness, who are ALL those people :P

Pamela said...

oil? acrylic? water???
I especially like the one with the moon and the red mat

ChrisB said...

Lovely idea you can look at your photo gallery everytime you go upstairs- the handprints are such a lovely idea. I would be hard pushed to choose a favourite picture as I would be delighted to have anyone of them hanging on my wall.

my4kids said...

Love the idea for the family photo gallery that is a great idea for showing the family growing up!
I agree the last photo with the red mat and the moon is very pretty!

Amy W said...

The family photo gallery is great, might have to copy that one...

That Chick Over There said...

Those photos are lovely.